There is a new position available at the Gitsegukla Band Office! Details below.
Position Title: Housing Manager Trainee (Internship)
Deadline for Application: Deadline: July 21, 2016
Reporting to, and with direction from the Gitsegukla First Nation Band Manager, the Housing Manager Trainee will be responsible to assist in the development and administration of housing related programs. Initially, the Trainee will work with the Band Manager and Housing Coordinator on the Gitsegukla Housing Repair Project that is ongoing. This is a term, entry level position for persons interested in working in the developing area of housing management for Gitsegukla First Nation. The Housing Manager Trainee position is expected to commence in August 2016.
Key Duties and Tasks:
The main tasks of the Housing Manager Trainee are to:
- Work with the Housing Coordinator to ensure construction and renovations meet standards ofthe Project;
- Prepare reports, assist in the creation of budgets and financial information related to the project;
- Track completed works throughout the project and assist in the development of project activities
- Prepare written communications and prepare / make presentations related to Housing in the community
- Assist in the development of information to report to community and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with community members to assist with project schedules andinformation sharing
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Other duties as required
Required Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
The Housing Manager Trainee ideally has the following abilities, knowledge, and skills:
- Good computer skills and experience in working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organization, coordination, and administrative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work well with other people
- Knowledge of the Gitsegukla First Nation and interest to work for the community
- Knowledge of building construction and management is an asset
Funding for this position has been applied for. Filling this position is contingent upon funding being received.
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to the Gitsegukla Band Manager by July 21, 2016.
Contact info here.