We are currently looking for a professional to fill the role of Social Development Worker for our organization. This is an exciting opportunity to have a positive impact on the everyday lives of a First Nation community. Gitsegukla is located on Highway 16, approximately 40 km southwest of Hazelton, BC,and 100kms East of Terrace, BC. This is a professionally and personally rewarding opportunity for someone who wants to make an important difference in people’s lives, while working in a beautiful part of BC.
Key Accountabilities and Scope:
The Social Development Worker is responsible for keeping accurate records and files of all clients and assisting clients in social assistance applications and related tasks.
General areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Social Assistance: Administers and implements the social assistance program on the Gitsegukla Reserve; Receives and reviews applications for assistance and determines entitlement in a manner that is fair and respectful to client; Determines the eligibility and needs of applicants for social assistance; Completes the necessary documentation and determines if they qualify.
• Administration: Handles and safeguards confidential client information; Maintains up-to-date clients including monthly statistical information, records of client interviews, home visits, etc.; Prepares correspondence related to those duties required as Social Development Worker.
• Communication: Provides information to Band Members as required as Social Development Worker.
• Reporting: Assists in the preparation of relevant reports to the Council or Community and other monthly social development reporting as required.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent – Post Secondary Graduate in Social Work or relevant fields an asset
• Social Development Worker Training preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of Social Development
• High level knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook programs
• Requires experience working with financial records, and data. Knowledge of financial budgeting, expense tracking, and outputting expense reports
• Good community reputation, character reference with strong conflict resolution skills
• Must be able to work in a changing, dynamic, and high stress environment
• Requires a strong organization skills, must be accountable, and a team player
• Must have good oral and written communicative skills
• Requires a high level of confidentiality
This is a full-time position.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in one of the following ways:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax at (604) 685-8594
Drop off at the Gitsegukla Band Office
The deadline to provide your application is Sunday, July 9th, 2017.
Please note only candidates considered for the interview process will be contacted.